There is something wonderful about getting that cool, crunchy lettuce in your burger bite! There are so many types of lettuces on the market. Let’s take a look.
- Iceberg. The old stand-by. You can use whole leaves, cut into rounds, shred – very versatile. Bonus – it stays fresher longer.
- Romaine. Take out the rib and one leaf is enough for 2-3 burgers.
- Butter. As the name implies, this is a soft lettuce and it is delicious. Draw-back – it bruises easily.
- Arugula. Peppery flavor that takes on dressing really well. It’s not as crunchy as iceberg, but it has a lot of flavor.
- Frisée. Great texture and color. Also takes dressing really well.